Sunday, May 2, 2010

I'm on my way stardom,says Vicky Njoku

One is bound to mistake her for one of the screen goddesses.
Endowed with good shapes and curves, Vicky Njoku (what a
coincidence),is on course to redefine her destiny. She ’s drifting
away from what she knows how to do best -modelling into
acting to make her mark.
Vicky confirmed to HVP recently that she’s currently on location
working with one of Nollywood top directors.
Though she refused to disclose the name of the director, the 23
year-old Delta State born model believes that her delving into the
world of make-believe will go a long way to strengthen her
modelling career, as well as give her the edge to reposition for a
greater challenge.
“I’m currently working with one of the
biggest directors in Nollywood. I hope
to make my first hit soon. It ’s a gradual
thing.” she echoed.
The young model said, she started her
modelling career way back in her
secondary school days, at the age of
16 years. Even though, she is delving
into acting, young Vicky allayed the
fear that she would soon quit
modelling. “ I’m not living modelling
for acting. I’m still gonna be modelling
because that’s where my passion lies.
I have strong passion for modelling.
But I also have flair for acting. ”
Asked to give a brief insight into the movie that will launch her to
limelight, Vicky only muted, “it’s a movie to watch and we are
keeping it under warp.”
According to her, while she ventured into modelling, she has
nobody to call her mentor. “Nobody really mentored me, because
of the passion I have for modelling, I decided to go into it on my
own. ”she said, adding that “ while I was growing up, I used to
stand before the mirror to admire myself as a model.
Today, it is a dream come through for me. Though, modelling
has got its good and bad aspects. But all the same, I ’m enjoying
what I’m doing today.”

No comments:

Post a Comment