Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fatia Balogun fights Ashaye,Akindele,Filani

Fathia Balogun is in the news again.
Yes, the ex-wife of Saidi Balogun is
the hottest topic in Nollywood. She
is not in the news for her separation,
neither is she in for her alleged
peace overtures to her ex-hubby.
She is not making headlines for her
movies either. She is in the news for
allegedly picking fights with fellow
actresses.
First Fathia fought Peju Ashaye.
She accused her of dating Alhaji
Abdulahi Lateef, CEO of Corporate
Pictures, the man she is allegedly
dating. Fathia called Peju on phone
and warned her to stay off her man.
Peju who is seen as a ‘junior’ to Fathia
was shocked that Fathia could descend
so low and threaten her on phone.
In response to her threat, Peju granted
an interview to an online publication
saying Fathia does not have the right
to tell her who to date or not. Said she :
“ Anyway I don’t step down for
anybody. I don’t believe anyone can
threaten me and she has not
confronted me physically.
Though I hear several stories but I am
not convinced she was referring to me.
It is a free world and everyone has the
freedom to do anything at his or her
own particular time. I don ’t owe
anybody an explanation on who I am
dating. If you believe me fine and if
not it is just too bad. I am trying as
much as possible to be professional
and I am a lone ranger. I can be close
to Corporate Pictures boss for any
reason. Moreover the man is not her
husband. He is not Saidi Balogun.
Fathia is not his wife.
So she has no right to attack me over
issues concerning him. She has no right
to harass me. Everyone is doing
business with the man. He is marketing
my movies and nothing else is
between us but I would not be cowed
by anyone based on stories that I am
dating the man. Fathia would not
choose who would market my movies
for me. It is absolutely my prerogative.
Corporate Pictures has been there for a
very long time even before she joined
the industry. It will continue to market
my movies and nothing will take me
away from the company ”.
Not yet done, she moved on to Mosun
Filani who is fast gaining prominence
in the industry. She accused Mosun of
telling tales of how she used to borrow
shoes from Flakky Idiowio, another
actress. Despite the assurance of
another actress that Mosun never did
that, Fathia was said to have quarelled
with Mosun on Muyiwa Ademola ’s set.
Now, she is spoiling for war with Funke
Akindele for an undisclosed offence.
She is said to have gathered fellow
actresses in the war against the Jenifa
producer. A source even told us she
vowed to snatch Femi Adebayo from
Funke when the talk was rife that they
were dating. Now that it is clear they
are dating, Fathia is planning on ways
to instigate younger actresses against
Funke.
SBN called Fathia twice, but her PA
picked the call and promised to get
back to us. He never did.
Fathia is said to be antagonising these
actresses because she sees them as
threats to her career and despises
them because they don’t defer to her
like other actresses that call her Igwe.

No comments:

Post a Comment