Sunday, June 6, 2010

I am changing my Image-Faze

He was the Faze of the now defunct popular R & B group-
Plantashun Boyz.
Together with TuFace and Black face, they made good music before
they decided to go solo. In no time, Chibuzor Oji aka Faze
established himself as one very capable of swinging the music tides
alone just like his ex-band members.
His high-pitch vocal clearly distinguishes him from all other male
artistes in the industry and won him the Best Vocalist Category at
the 2006 Hip Hop World Award. Faze has refused to fade away like
an old dress, instead he keeps coming stronger and stronger with
each song released, about ten years down the line. His three-album
solo history consists Faze Alone, Kolomental and Originality.
They are collectors’ items any day, anytime boasting songs that will
always resound even many years after. Ths sonorous singer,
songwriter and producer has had musical alliance with popular
international act, Akon. Here, he talks about his recent ventures and
his plan to re brand his image.
*Faze... Changing faces
The Plantashun Boyz. Do you still miss them?
Yes, I still miss them. In fact, we’re still the Plantashun Boyz
because wherever I go to, people still ask after Blackface and 2Face.
So, no matter how far we all go in life, we ’ll still remember that we
started as the Plantashun Boyz.
What exactly do you miss about the group?
Basically, it’s the different textures of our voices. When we were still
together, our fans could easily recognize our voices whenever we
sang. So, the different voices actually made us the Plantashun Boyz.
It’s been a while since you’ve been in the media .What have you
been up to?
I’ve been working on my new album and been keeping quiet
because I want it to be a surprise. The album is almost ready and it
will be out soon. But I think that I ’m ready for my single.
How soon will it be on radio?

No comments:

Post a Comment