Friday, June 18, 2010

Eminem on Marriage

Eminem is a new man. Not only is he
toning down the violent rap lyrics in
his new album Recovery, he's
officially a supporter of gay marriages.
"I think if two people love each other,
then what the hell?" he told NY Times.
"I think that everyone should have the
chance to be equally miserable, if they
want."
"It’s the new tolerant me!" says the
rapper.
Em admits that his new album is much tamer than what we're
used to. "Shady still exists," he says.
"But I don’t think the subjects on this record call for, you know,
bring the chainsaws and axes out and murder everyone on this
record. There was so much stuff like that off the last record that I
felt like I was starting to run it into the ground. I think consciously I
went in a different direction with this record."
But he certainly doesn't regret anything he's said in the past.
"Anything I ’ve ever said, I certainly was feeling at the time," he tells
The Times. "But I think I’ve calmed down a bit. My overall look on
things is a lot more mature than it used to be."
Eminem has been sober for two years now and we're liking the
new Em.

No comments:

Post a Comment