Thursday, May 13, 2010

Banderas eyes Revival of Zorba

Antonio Banderas is in negotiations to
return to Broadway next year in a new
production of Zorba The Greek.
The Mask of Zorro star, who won acclaim as
the lead star of musical Nine in 2003,
expressed his desire to return to the stage
last summer .
He said, I want to go back to theater
because it is my main source, I'm more a
theater actor than a film actor.
And Banderas is hopeful he will get to live
out his dream under the bright lights of
Broadway.
He tells Wenn, i'm going to have a meeting
here (in New York) in order to establish a
date for me to come back to Broadway.
And I hope that if everything goes right, I
cross my fingers, that may happen in
September 2011 and it will be with the
musical Zorba.
The title role was made famous by late
acting icon Anthony Quinn in the 1964 film
of the same name.

No comments:

Post a Comment