Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mumma Gee's best kept secret

Gift Uwame a.k.a. Muma Gee is a reporter’s
delight any day. And she showed it when
she visited the Saturday Vanguard during
the week.
In this interview she not only lays to rest the
ghost of her acclaimed love tango with star
actor Emeka Ike on the set of the Gulder
Ultimate Celebrity, she also shares her
experiences with Chioma Chukwuka and
how she sold pap as a child to support her
mother and more. Enjoy.
Muma Gee .. Emeka Ike is a true friend
What happened at the Gulder Ultimate Search
Celebrity show. We saw you lose your
comportment?
Was I really very angry? I just took back the
apology I tendered. We were all making
jokes.
They’d been talking for so long and I just
decided to say one thing and it triggered
problems. So, I said I ’m sorry.
But the sorry was not well deserved so I
withdrew it. I think I was just being human.
Your actions with Emeka Ike in camp
suggested that you had soft spot for each
other, even before GUS presented you with
an opportunity to play out the feelings.
No, no, no. I happen to have known Emeka
Ike for long but we don ’t see often. Who
wouldn’t fall in love with someone who cares
for you so much? What we shared was
emotional attachment and Agape love. If I
cook food for you all the time and you enjoy
eating my food, definitely, you ’ll get
emotionally attached to the food I make.
Even to the point you were ready to fight
every other person to keep his things where
you …?
No, that wasn’t what happened. I had settled
already at my corner and he brought his
stuff to me asking that I helped him take care
of them. That was what happened. And the
ladies thought he wanted to settle there; that
was the misunderstanding. And they said to
me to move his things away and I said, ‘the
guy is still alive, why don’t you meet him and
let him do that himself. I’m only a caretaker.’
I couldn’t have said no because he’s my
friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment