Wednesday, April 7, 2010

M.I.A on Lady Gaga:she's a mimic

April 07, 2010
Lady Gaga is everyone’s
favorite artist at the
moment. Except for
M.I.A. that is! M.I.A. isn’t
a big fan of the off-the-
wall singer, and she’s
not afraid to say what
she thinks!
M.I.A. believes Gaga is nothing but a “mimic”
and "the industry's last stab at making itself
important".
Elton John Wants to Duet With Gaga on
Bond Track
In an interview with NME, M.I.A. said, "There's
Gaga - people say we're similar, that we both
mix all these things in the pot and spit them
out differently, but she spits it out exactly
the same. None of her music's reflective of
how weird she wants to be. She models
herself on Grace Jones and Madonna, but the
music sounds like a 20-year-old Ibiza disco.
M.I.A. doesn’t seem to impressed with the
comparisons she gets to Gaga either. "She's
not progressive, but she's a good mimic. She
sounds more like me than I f***ing do!" she
added.
Janet Jackson to Gaga: Slow Down!
"She's got a great team behind her, but she's
the industry's last stab at making itself
important - saying, 'you need our money
behind you, the endorsements, the
stadiums'. Respect to her, she's kept a
thousand people working, but my belief is
Do-It-Yourself."
Wow! She really ripped Gaga a new one! We
think Gaga is extremely innovative, and
never does the same thing twice—that’s
why everyone loves her! Do you agree with
M.I.A.?

No comments:

Post a Comment