Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Ricky Martin comes out of the closet

The cats out of the bag!
Ricky Martin has finally
confessed to what was
the world's worst kept
secret--that he is gay.
Ricky posted the
following blog on his
website:
"Today is my day, this is my time, and this is
my moment ... These years in silence and
reflection made me stronger and reminded
me that acceptance has to come from within
and that this kind of truth gives me the
power to conquer emotions I didn't even
know existed."
He ends his post with, "I am proud to say
that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am
very blessed to be who I am."
Earlier this month during Barbara Walters
final Oscar special she admitted that one
interview she most regretted in her lifetime
was outing Ricky Martin.
Did Barbara Walters Destroy Ricky Martin's
Career?
"In 2000, I pushed Ricky Martin very hard to
admit if he was gay or not, and the way he
refused to do it made everyone decide that
he was," she said. "A lot of people say that
destroyed his career, and when I think back
on it now I feel it was an inappropriate
question."
In the past Ricky stated he was in love with
Mexican TV host Rebecca de Alba. They dated
on and off for over 14 years. They even
talked of starting a family together. In
December 2008 Ricky became a father to
twin boys via a surrogate.
It's about time he came out. We've all known
for years. Congrats to Ricky for finally
embracing who he is!

No comments:

Post a Comment