Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Brosnan upset by new film script

Pierce Brosnan struggled with
his latest film - because it
brought back the horror of the
car crash that almost killed his
son Sean.
The actor admits he initially
threw writer/director Shana
Feste's script away - because it
was too heavy - and had to be
persuaded to pick it up again by
his movie partner.
He says, This young woman had
written this beautiful script,
called The Greatest, and it's
about the loss of a son and my
son, Sean, I almost lost him a
number of years ago in a
terrible accident.
You get that dreadful call at
4.30 in the morning and he got
airlifted out and he survived,
and this film is about the loss of
a son and the family coming
together again.
When I read it I said, 'No, I don't
wanna go there, it's too heavy,'
and threw it under the bed and
then my partner... said, 'Look,
check it out again, You've gotta
do this,' so I read it again and
said, 'OK, let's go for it.'
It's a beautiful film... It's a really
tender, powerful film.

No comments:

Post a Comment