Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lady Gaga Addresses Protests During Concert



Share
0
2
 
 
Share
Lady Gaga isn’t known to stay quiet, and she’s not about to start.
The “Edge of Glory” singer is speaking out against the South Asia backlash against her. At a stop in Manila, Gaga took a stand.
Doodling on a piano mounted on a motorcycle, she addressed the audience.
“Some people think that I stand for like, really inappropriate things…”
Immediately, the crowd erupted in screaming support, realizing what the singer was talking about.
More Protests for Lady Gaga's World Tour
Gaga announced she understood some people were against her and her image, but that they weren’t right in their stance. To her, her songs and performances are a reflection of her lifestyle and part of her very own statement on liberation.
“The truth is I want the f***ing best for you,” Gaga said. “I want the best for every single one of you. I love you with all of my heart and all my soul, I really do.”
Gaga’s statement coincided with a plague of protests from Biblemode Youth, a Christian group that called for an end to her shows in the Philippines. Her song “Judas,” traditionally a biblical name, particularly offended the group. Gaga was also denied a performing permit in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Leading up to the show, the 26-year-old rebel didn’t seem affected by the haters.
“And don't worry, if I get thrown in jail in Manila, Beyonce will just bail me out. Sold out night 2 in the Philippines. I love it here!” she tweeted.
After giving her side of the argument to the crowd, she called upon them to be free with her, if only just for the remainder of the show.
“I hope that you feel tonight, as free as your hair,” said Gaga. “It's the f***ing g**damn truth that people in the world need to be free of who they are and be proud and feel valuable no matter where they are."

No comments:

Post a Comment