Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Reese Witherspoon Discussed Rihanna, Chris Brown Violence With Kids

Share
0
0
 
 
Share
Reese Witherspoon wants her children to understand what domestic violence is, so she talked to them about one of the more infamous cases in recent years: Chris Brown and Rihanna.

“We talk about domestic violence and what that means,” Witherspoon told People at the 2nd World Conference of Women’s Shelters in Washington, D.C.

“Although the concept is somewhat foreign to them, they're starting to understand that this happens to families in our country and all throughout the world." Witherspoon says her two kids, Ava, 12 and Deacon, 8, know about the Rihanna/Chris Brown drama.

"My daughter knows what happened. My son knows as well. We talk about what is abuse. I think it's important to talk to our daughters – and our sons – in order to educate them at an early age about what's appropriate and what is absolutely not acceptable."

Meanwhile, Reese is enjoying married life with husband Jim Toth. Next month, the two will celebrate their first wedding anniversary.

“I don't know what we're doing, but I'm very excited!" she says. "It happened so fast – it all went so quickly."

Reese might have picked a husband, but the actress says she has trouble picking her movie roles.

"I am not very decisive at all, I can’t commit to a vacation until the very last minute. ‘Should we go there? I don’t know…’ I don’t know why.”

No comments:

Post a Comment